Open Search -

Like us on Facebook


Course Atlas -

Course Atlas


Please consider supporting our efforts.

Amount: 


Loftus Golf Club, North Yorkshire.

The delightfully situated nine-hole course was opened in May 1928 by the President, Dr J B S Guy. To celebrate the opening an 18-hole exhibition match was played  between Len Vardon, Ryker, and J Raper, Saltburn, Vardon winning by 2up. Both professionals commented favourably on the course, which had many sporting natural hazards. It was thought that the addition of artificial bunkers would be unneccessary.     

In the 1930s the secretary was F Miller, National Provincial back House, Loftus and the greenkeeper J Smith. 9 holes with a membership of 85. Visitors’ fees were 2/- a  day, 6/- a week, 12/- a month. Sunday play was allowed with caddies. The railway station at Loftus was 1 mile away. Local hotels were the Golden Lion and the Station.

The club did not appear following WW2.