Open Search -

Like us on Facebook

Course Atlas -

Course Atlas

Please consider supporting our efforts.


Lisnaskea Golf Club, County Fermanagh. (1925 - WW2)

First appeared in 1925.

In September 1925 a two day jumble sale was held in aid of funds for the Lisnaskea Golf Club.

From 1930 to 1932 the secretary was E Thurgood, Bloomfield Terrace, Lisnaskea and the green-keeper H Law. A 9-hole course with a membership of 70. Visitors’ fees 1/6 a day with Sunday play allowed. The railway station at Linaskea was about 1 mile away. Local hotel was the Commercial.

Report from the Belfast Telegraph in June 1933. "Lisnaskea Golf Club has been reorganised. New ground has been acquired from Mr William Scholes, at Clifton, a short distance from the town, the old home of the Archdales. A professional who inspected the ground gave a very high opinion of it and assured the club that a very suitable nine-hole course could be laid out. The work is now well in hand and play is expected in a short time. The following officers have been elected for the ensuing year; President, Lord Erne; vice-presidents - Sir Basil Brooke M.P. and W Armstrong; captain; Sergeant Smith; treasurer, R J Moore; secretary, S M McAlister; committee the officers plus; Mrs Hill, Mrs H J Fennell, Mrs C Hyde, Miss M Carney, Miss B Maguire, Mr Casey, Rev. J C Taylor and Dr Cassidy. 

In 1935 and the clubs final year in 1940 the secretary was R W Gillespie, Ernemont, Lisnaskea and the green-keeper T Coulter.